Thursday 26 March 2015

Chocolate and oats cookies - Gluten Free

I love winter but I have to admit, I am ready for Spring! Flowers blossoming, days getting longer, hay fever... all that... I really don't mind!
As a nanny I think it's essential kids play outside, even in Winter. I wrap them up, make them a big bowl of porridge with extra cinnamon, and off we go. This means, of course, that I spent my Winter wrapped in my woolly jumpers and extra thick coats, not to mention the hats... I just saw my hair for for the first time last week... and it's back in the beanie as the weather is pretty grim outside!
So for that reason, my skin has been dry and I have been feeling run down in general.
So for that reason, I got myself some gluten free porridge oats and have been working on various recipes. Oats are full of soluble fibre and and contain B vitamins and Iron; great when you spend a lot of time outdoors. Also reduces the risk of heart-disease. You can read more about oats here.

These cookies work wonders as a mid afternoon snack!

Enjoy!

125 self raising flour ( I used Doves Farm)
3 tbs coco powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 bicarbonate of soda
sprinkle of sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
110 unsalted butter
150 dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
100 gr porridge oats
100 gr chocolate chip ( I used 75% cocoa)
handful of raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
Pre-heat the oven 180 degrees/170 FAN.
Prepare 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
Measure all dry ingredients in one bowl. On a different bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix together for a couple of minutes or until creamy. Next add the egg followed by the dry ingredients.
Roll the dough into 5 cm balls and lay on the tray.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment